Waldron Mercy Academy's Parents Association welcomes involvement from all parents and teachers. Whether your interest is in a leadership role, organizing and running an activity, or working briefly at a specific event, there is a place for you, so please join us!
The Parents Association Board and committee chairs meet periodically throughout the year to report on activities, raise issues for discussion and ideas for the future. Meeting dates and times are noted on the school calendar. All WMA parents are welcome to attend. If you wish to suggest an agenda item, please contact Eileen Everly, president, in advance of the meeting.
The objectives of the WMA Parents Association are to:
- Promote collaboration, communication and cooperation among the WMA parents, faculty and administration;
- Actively encourage and coordinate parental aid to WMA faculty and administration in developing spiritual, academic, creative, emotional and physical growth of the WMA students;
- Provide an opportunity for parents, faculty and administration to share ideas, information and talents, and to listen and share in an atmosphere that is open and encourages collaboration;
- Enhance the reputation of WMA in the community;
- Help new families assimilate into the WMA community; and
Assist and promote WMA’s athletic program and other sports-related extracurricular activities.
Each spring, parents and guardians of WMA students elect new members to the Parent Association board. To learn more about this year's process, please see the following document.